Home & Build: Please tell us a little bit about your company and the services you offer?
Thomas Kenny: We are an Irish owned Company established since 1995. In this time we have rapidly grown into one of Ireland’s largest fabricators and installers of uPVC & Aluminium products for both residential and commercial products. All our products are fabricated at our state of the art factory in Craanford, just outside Gorey in Wexford, Ireland.
Home and Build: What areas of Ireland do you cover?
Thomas Kenny: We cover all of the Leinster Province and the surrounding areas of Wexford such as Waterford.
H&B: What are some of the advantages to replacing older windows or doors?
Thomas Kenny: Well, there are loads of advantages; it can only benefit you really. To name a few
- It’s an affordable and fast home makeover
- Lower Energy Bills
- Reduced noise
- Reduced fading on materials i.e. furniture inside if you opt for laminate glass
- You can control the light, view and privacy
- You can have modern technology with the look of an authentic era
Home and Build How would a homeowner know that they need to get new windows and doors?
Thomas Kenny: There are many ways but firstly you should simply ask yourself a few questions.
As you start thinking about replacing your windows and doors, ask yourself these questions:
- What do you like about your current windows and doors (appearance, trim, operation)?
- What problems do they have (cold drafts, overheating, poor operation, water leaks, and condensation)?
- Do existing operable windows work well?
- Are they located where you would like them to be?
- Do they allow enough natural ventilation?
- Are there any fixed windows you would like to replace with operable windows?
- Would you like to improve the security of your windows and doors, or reduce outdoor noise due to traffic or other sources?
- Is energy efficiency a primary goal for your replacement project? Do you want to take advantage of existing energy efficiency incentive programs?
Home and Build: What are some of the most popular styles, colours, options, etc. that people are having installed currently?
Thomas Kenny: Black on Cream, Cream and Chartwell Green are the most popular colours at the moment but again it is like fashion it changes depending on the person and the time. Sash style windows are becoming more and more popular too and of course your casement windows.
Home and Build: What is the approximate cost nowadays to replace the windows and doors on a standard three bed semidetached home from a variety of window quality levels?
Thomas Kenny: Well, we can do a 3 bed semi-detached from €3,500 but again there is no average price as such it depends entirely on what the customers want themselves.
Home and Build: For those doing a self-build project what advice from a windows and doors perspective would you offer?
Thomas Kenny: Make sure that you speak to the window company before you start to build or renovate as they will be able to offer you and your builder the relevant advice from a professional perspective and years of experience in the trade.
Home and Build: Do you have any tips to help homeowners choose the right windows and doors?
Thomas Kenny: When you are choosing make sure you choose the right style and colour and make sure that you are 100% happy with it. Visiting the showroom and meeting with the sales reps and physically seeing the product and have them explain to you the ins and outs of the products would be a major help. They can explain the u-Values of the glass etc. all the technical details that the untrained eye might miss.
Home and Build: What offers if any can readers expect in the New Year that you would like to make our readership aware of?
Thomas Kenny: We have decided to extend our Massive Sale for another while with a whopping 30% off in the New Year, sure really you can’t get much better than that.
Home and Build: What’s the best way for people to contact your company?
Thomas Kenny: By phone 053-93-83526 or alternatively call our free phone 1800-260-250
Weekdays 9-5.30 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You are also always more than welcome to drop into our new and exclusive showroom anytime Mon-Fri 9-5.30 or Sat 10-2 or of course any other time by appointment.